Old November 29th 10, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Lewis A Lewis A is offline

Default Is Countdown usually this confused?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 04:35:05 -0600,
wrote:
I doubt it, honestly. The routes mainly start at King's Cross and there
were no signs of any on the route.

I'm not familiar with buses in the area, but it appears that both
routes start west of St P. on Midland Road. So for buses to report as
'due' and not turn up, according to my theory they must surely have
been at, or close to that first bus stop, and then unable to turn left
into Euston Road, which isn't very likely. Sorry 'bout that, in my
limited experience of Countdown problems it's either not been working
at all, or there've been diversions.

I happened to see that the Countdown displays on Oxford Street outside
John Lewis were all happily displaying bus arrival times even though
the entire street was closed for the VIP event and no bus will turn up
for about another 2 hours!

Please say there were people queueing, looking at their watches and
tutting!

No. There wasn't more than one other waiting with me. Most people got on
the 63. If you're going to Blackfriars as I more often am at that point,
it's just as good as the 45.

I only mentioned it because I recently stood tutting away for about
12-15 minutes waiting for a diverted 319 before noticing the 'bus stop
not in use' sign (a nearby street light was out). Both routes' buses
were happily running in the other direction, too!