Old December 1st 10, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

"Roy Badami" wrote in message

Hmm, I though the original statement I read just talked about "a
modified IEP" or some such as one of the option - no technical details
that I recall. Have more details been released since that statement,
then?

Laterst info I'm going by is this DfT press release of 25th Nov:

http://nds.coi.gov.uk/clientmicrosit...2&SubjectId=36

"Intercity Express Programme

13. Following today's announcement, two options remain under consideration:

Agility Trains' revised bid, for a mixed fleet of some all-electric trains,
and some electric trains which are also equipped with underfloor diesel
generators.

A proposal for a fleet of new all-electric trains which could be coupled to
new diesel locomotives where the overhead electric power lines end."

Paul S