Old December 4th 10, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Network Card on Standsted Express?

On Dec 4, 12:56*pm, (Roy Badami) wrote:

wrote:
It's not valid for Stansted Express special online fares - that's the
only oddity about it.

Thanks - must have imagined it then.

So, the particular case in point: if I have a ticket from Cambridge to
London Terminals, routed 'NXEA only' and discounted with a Network
Card, can I travel Cambridge to Bishop's Stortford and then pick up
the Stansted Express there to Liverpool St?

By the sound of it the answer is 'yes'?

I reckon so - from Bishop's Stortford to Liverpool Street, the StEx is
in fares terms a regular NXEA service I think (though note that from
Liv St it's pick-up only at Tottenham Hale, even though I think plenty
of people use it for that journey anyway!).