Old December 4th 10, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Network Card on Standsted Express?

Mizter T wrote:
On Dec 4, 12:55*pm, Bruce wrote:
(Roy Badami) wrote:
Do I misremember that there was a discussion here (one of
uk.transport.london or uk.railway -- x-posting to both) in which it
was suggested that the Network Card is not valid on Stansted Express?

This page seems to suggest it is valid:

http://www.stanstedexpress.com/Ticke...hrailcard.html

Has this changed, is that page wrong, or did I just imagine the whole
discussion?

If you use "Standsted" often enough, how soon do you think you can
persuade the airport to change the spelling?

I think Stanstead is winning - dunno where Standstead is though.

(I dare say though don't know that in ye days of olde it was spelt in
all manner of ways - the place that is, not the airport!)

Language evolves, Mizter T. We shouldn't talk about a spelling being
right or wrong, it should be whatever most people use. Until most
people decide to use some other spelling, of course.

I'm starting a campaign to change the spelling of "Cambridge" to
"Camebridge". That is what it sounds like, so that is eggsacktlee how
it should of been spelt.

We'll also have to change the name of the River Cam to "Came". Well,
spellings come and go, so this one Came and went. ;-)