Old December 7th 10, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default "Oyster Card barrier blunders cost passengers £

wrote in message

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 05:36:51 -0800 (PST)
Paul wrote:
take a bus, but anyone on Oyster PAYG would have to touch out at
Seven Sisters and touch in on the bus, thereby incurring an extra
fare.

Yes, it does make me laugh when i hear "buses are accepting tickets"
being mentioned by official channels. Since when does a bus NOT
accept an Oyster or travelcard?

I'd also just love someone at TfL to explain why flat fares are ok
for the buses but not the tube. I suspect I'll never get a sensible
answer to that one.

Because most bus routes are relatively short, and most bus journeys
shorter still (as progress is so slow). You can go short or long
distances on the Tube -- would you prefer it if every Tube journey,
however short, cost £2.50 on Oyster, or £3.50 in cash?