Old December 8th 10, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default "Oyster Card barrier blunders cost passengers £

On 2010-12-08 10:01:06 +0000, d said:

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:30:22 +0000
Paul Terry wrote:
short journeys and a dramatic fall in the cost of long journeys. The
latter would cause a huge shift from NR to the tube for long commutes,

I doubt it. If you live in Potters Bar are you really going to drive to
cockfosters, spend 20 mins finding a parking spot and then trundle in to work
on the piccadilly line just to save 50 quid or whatever a month? I don't think
so. The only time it might happen are where the tube and rail station are
integrated and both offer a service into london, such as at amersham or west
ruislip.

B2003

My father used to do exactly that! Well, not quite Potters Bar but he
lived nearer to there than to Cockfosters. It wasn't about money - he
swore blind that the Piccadilly Line was more reliable than BR. I
suspect the tables have been turned now.