Old December 11th 10, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Kings X schematic map

On Dec 11, 10:31*am, Mizter T wrote:
On Dec 10, 11:35*pm, wrote:

(MaxB) wrote:

"Roland Perry" *wrote:

In message
, at
08:44:16 on Fri, 10 Dec 2010, MaxB remarked:

My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

My map (done long ago and admittedly a bit muddy-looking) is he

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

Thanks, that is of some help, but I am still not sure why, when I
got off the Vic line last time I ended up at the "wrong " end of St
Pancras. I will be trying again tomorrow!

A classic case of signs being there to confuse the confusable.

A classic case of attempting to distribute the huge crowds that use
the station across the whole station complex and trying to prevent
pinch points from becoming unmanageably overcrowded - reprehensible I
agree...-

I don't quite follow that. Surely allowing people to exit at
Pentonville Road, if they want to go that way, takes them away from
the pinch points?

As I recall, from the Western End of the Victoria Line, there are
signs on the wall pointing east saying Pentonville Road, but the only
signposted way out you then come to just takes you west again, having
gone east for no reason.

You have to determinedly go further east and take an unmarked
staircase in order to reach Pentonville Road. This ain't clever.