Old December 12th 10, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kings X schematic map

In message , at 10:38:07 on
Sun, 12 Dec 2010, Paul Scott remarked:

The currently recommended routes have made Kings Cross impossible for
people for
whom it was previously possible. For some such people, it would be OK if
there were some seats along the way, but we can't have that either.

They've made all the platforms wheel-chair accessible, but in the
process have lengthened the walks. They continue to claim that the
design results in reduced journey times.

Another way of looking at it is that they have altered the passenger
flows early to those wanted in the future for the Western (mainline)
ticket hall when open, when they possibly don't want pax heading for KX
mainline or suburban departures using the tube ticket hall, but going
via the northern ticket hall's escalators?

Just a guess mind...

I'm sure that's their long term plan[1], but they didn't have to
implement it by creating quite such a long walk to the Victoria Line
platforms. Having taken the load off the existing tube hall with a
quicker route to the Northern, and a similar length route to the
Piccadilly, they shouldn't be discouraging the old route to the
Victoria.

[1] Will there be some escalators up to the new KX booking hall, from
the vicinity of the corridor south from the Northern Ticket Hall?