Old December 12th 10, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kings X schematic map

In message , at 11:39:48 on Sun, 12
Dec 2010, Roy Badami remarked:
There was a time when the short escalators were closed, and there was
signposting to a passageway slightly further forward towards the
Piccadilly and on the left, going down stairs.

Yes, it sounds like that is the passage I was thinking of.

This is presumably open most of the time, but everyone would take the
escalator.

I haven't found it to be open on recent visits to London.

The gates wee shut, but not locked, when I last saw it. (A member of
staff breezed through, but it was clearly not open to the public).