Old December 12th 10, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Kings X schematic map

In message of Sun, 12 Dec 2010 07:54:47
in uk.transport.london, Roland Perry writes
In message , at 00:23:24 on Sun,
12 Dec 2010, Eric remarked:
The currently recommended routes have made Kings Cross impossible for
people for
whom it was previously possible. For some such people, it would be OK if
there were some seats along the way, but we can't have that either.

They've made all the platforms wheel-chair accessible, but in the
process have lengthened the walks. They continue to claim that the
design results in reduced journey times.

Where do they claim that?

I have complained that the "Stations" tab in http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/
livetravelnews/realtime/tube/default.html is uninformative.
LU has not improved its practice.

Currently, for King's Cross St.Pancras (KXX), it says:
"Reduced lift service until early April 2011."
This is not enough to inform a wheelchair user.
I have just phoned the LU CSC on 0845 330 9880. It suggested I would be
answered in approximately 4 minutes for approximately 6:43. An agent
then took 3 minutes to fail to get through to KXX, but promised to call
me back.

I suppose the service is better than that from Surface Transport, whose
CSC only works Monday to Friday.
--
Walter Briscoe