Old December 13th 10, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kings X schematic map

In message , at 10:24:11 on Mon, 13 Dec
2010, Roland Perry remarked:
[1] Will there be some escalators up to the new KX booking hall,
from the vicinity of the corridor south from the Northern Ticket Hall?

There are three escalators and a staircase on the west side of the
Northern Ticket Hall (NTH), so that's round to the left as you come up
into the NTH from the underground, or immediately on your right if
entering via the subway from St Pancras. They bring you up to the
west side of the semicircular western concourse, (ie as far away from
the mainline platforms as you can get without going outside).

Those look to me as if they emerge "outside". And on my passageway
plans it's marked as the exit to KX-Central (the development beyond the
Gym), not the station itself.

Having now seen the same plans as yourself, I note that you are talking
about the escalators below, not the ones currently installed, leading to
outside.

#If you imagine a u-turn to the left at the top of the northern booking
#hall escalators (just outside the short barrier line) there's nothing
#on the building plans (other than a partition wall) at LUL booking hall
#level, and there's a "National Rail safeguarded escalator box" in that
#position on the ground floor.