Old December 14th 10, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Christmas Travel Information

In article , wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:27:19 -0800 (PST)
"We don't wanna work boxing day this year, pay us more or we strike"

Except, somewhat ironically, they presumably won't actually get paid
for Boxing Day since they won't be working, thus rendering the rate at
which they're not being paid rather academic.

I mean, what happens if management accedes to their demands following
the strike? Then the rate at which they are not being paid will be
increased to the rate the union is demanding -- what will that
achieve?

-roy