Old December 14th 10, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Boris Bikes phantom card charge

On Dec 14, 7:52*pm, (Roy Badami) wrote:
Just had a phantom charge on my debit card (yesterday, the 13th) from
the Boris Bikes scheme.

Anyone else had this problem, either yesterday or in the past?

I take it you're a member i.e. you've got a key? (As opposed to having
used it as a 'casual user' recently.)

Also, was it a full transaction or just a pre-authorisation? (Some
online banking interfaces also show the latter as 'pending
transactions' or something like that.)

How much was it for? If it was GBP1.00, then it would appear to be for
24-hour access... unless it was possibly a usage charge for hire of up
to an hour (i.e. if you had the bike for longer than 30 mins) - I've
got a GBP1 charge showing on my online account next to "Unbilled
charges", which is fine as I did use a bike for longer than a half
hour, but the blurb seems a bit hazy as to when such charges are
actually billed.

The online Cycle Hire interface certainly was showing 'phantom
journeys' - actually other's usage - a while back in the "Activity
log" section, but this just seemed to be a database muddle as it
didn't affect billing (well I don't think it did). However I've heard
and come across a few things suggesting that there remain some kinks
in the system.

The dedicated 'Boris Bikes' web forum might be helpful too - http://
borisbikes.co.uk/.