Old December 15th 10, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paulg0[_2_] Paulg0[_2_] is offline

Default Visiting London

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 15/12/2010 18:10, hanscan wrote:
so far i think i ll take the car to morden train station where we can
continue with the underground (using a travelcard).

That probably won't fit many definitions of "fun".

We live in belgium and swe r spending xmas around dover.
we fancied a day london but if i look at the prices of a trainticket
dover /london i can take a cheaper flight to spain instead.

Given a choice between Dover and Spain, I'd go for Spain (seriously).

Train fares don't look too bad on www.thetrainline.com, see below for an
example:

Journey summary Journey price £82.20
2 Adult(s) 2 Child(ren)
Out:
08:24 (Tue 21 Dec)
Dover Priory (DVP) to London Charing Cross (CHX)
0 change(s)
Return:
17:57 (Tue 21 Dec)
London Victoria (VIC) to Dover Priory (DVP)
0 change(s)
Total price
£82.20

Paul