Old December 16th 10, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Annual season tix: how will I get my gold card?

"DUS" wrote:

DUS wrote:
Thanks roy. I hope you are right! :-)

May I add one more question?

If I purchase the annual season ticket using the tfl website, will I
automatically have all the Gold card benefits added to my oyster card?

AIUI, yes. You'll need to present the Gold Card record card when buying
GC-discounted paper tickets from the ticket office, and also show it when
your GC-discounted ticket(s) is(/are) inspected too.

If so, would I automatically get 34% off of my off-peak journeys outside
the zones covered with my season ticket? In my case with a zones 1-4
season ticket, assuming I would make a short journey on NR within zone
5, would I pay just 86p rather than the regular 1,30? Is it really that
simple? Hard to believe knowing TfL! ;-))

85p actually.

See the tables under "Railcard holder National Rail only fares" here...

2010:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/17352.aspx

2011:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14414.aspx