Old February 3rd 04, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

On 1 Feb 2004 11:34:50 -0800, (Matt Ashby) wrote:

Their engines also contribute far more than modern buses to our city's
pollution levels.

Is this true even of those (admittedly a minority) fitted with new
engines within the last 5 years? Surely new engines in Routemasters
are made to the same emission standards as those in new buses. If
anything I'd expect a Routemaster with a new engine to be slightly
better overall in environmental terms than a new bus, if only because
it's lighter so should use less fuel

Martin