Old December 16th 10, 02:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
G1206 G1206 is offline

Default LUL Movia S stock impressions

This morning I experienced a new Movia S stock train on the
Metropolitan Line. My destination was Willesden and I planned to
travel directly on the Bakerloo Line but as my train arrived at Baker
Street I noticed an S stock in platform 4 working an all stations
service to Watford, I changed my plans and decided to detour to travel
aboard it to Northwick Park then walk around the corner to Kenton and
then the Bakerloo line to Willesden Junction.

My impression of the new train is very positive, I really like the
layout, moquette
and cushioning applied to the seats, the acceleration and braking
performance is superb in comparison to an old camshaft controlled A
stock, the announcements are played at just the right volume and
aren’t too quiet or loud and the overall interior feels very spacious
and airy.