Old December 17th 10, 06:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Annual season tix: how will I get my gold card?

On Dec 17, 1:12*am, wrote:

In article ,
(Roy Badami) wrote:
Railcard discounts don't show up on the Oyster web site, do they, so
verifying this means taking enough out-of-zones journeys to reach the
cap, right?

Indeed, though a ticket office should be able to check. But from January
the individual fares should get railcard discounts on TfL as well as NR
enabling you to tell before you look at the cap.

Worth noting that the discounted fare scale Railcard holders will
benefit from when using the Tube/DLR/LO (i.e. TfL tariff services)
will be the RC-discounted NR+TfL 'through fare', as opposed to the TfL
fare being reduced by a third.

I assume this is because discounting the TfL fare by a third will make
the fares too cheap (in TfL's eyes), but that this way it will address
the current anomaly whereby it's cheaper for Oyster PAYG users who are
Railcard holders to make a 'through' NR+TfL journey than a pure TfL
journey - e.g. Southfields (District line) to Earlsfield (NR) by Tube
+ NR is cheaper than the shorter Southfields to Wimbledon journey on
the Tube only.