Old February 3rd 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

Terry Harper wrote:
"Ian Jelf" wrote...

I still await (with baited breath) the "tourist routes" on which the RMs
will (apparently) be retained indefinitely. As I said in previous
posting, I thought when I first heard this that it would be the 9, 11
and 15 but events have proved me wrong. So where will they be?

My view is that they should be restricted to a free shuttle the full length
of Oxford Street,

So missing nearly everything that the tourists want to see!

and that all other buses be diverted from it.

You want to ban wheelchair accessible buses from Oxford Street????

Why is it that so many people want to take the buses away from
Central London's main bus interchange? 'Tis not as if there's a viable
alternative.

--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society

So why have you come up with the most anti-routemaster proposal yet?