Old December 29th 10, 09:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default What was an HST doing in Barnes?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 02:38:00 -0800 (PST)
TimB wrote:
On Dec 29, 10:31=A0am, (A.Lee) wrote:
wrote:
On bank holiday monday I saw a full length HST trundle through Barnes s=

tation
going north. What would it have been doing on Southern region?

Presumably a diversion into Waterloo as East of Reading on the GWML has
been closed because of brdige works.
Alan.

Sounds like a consensus - but if it was actually going north it was
forging a whole new route. Westish seems more likely.
Tim

Strictly speaking Barnes bridge is going north west , but I can't
figure out what sort of convoluted route would take it through the leafy
lines around Barnes to go north of the river presumably at some point to head
south of the river again. Gauging issues perhaps with the Mk3's?

B2003