Old December 30th 10, 02:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default What was an HST doing in Barnes?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Paul Scott wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
th.li...

While we're vaguely on the subject, has there ever been a plan to connect
Bicester Town station to the Chiltern main line? It'd make for a much more
convenient diversionary route than Banbury.

Er... yes, it's the main part of Chiltern's Evergreen 3 project, they are
currently upgrading the route from Marylebone to Aynho Junction, but the main
part, connecting to Oxford, is yet to start.

It is going through TWA Order procedures; right now it is at the public
inquiry stage. There's a pretty detailed web site for the project he

http://www.chiltern-evergreen3.co.uk...oject-overview

Lovely, thank you. I hope that comes off - it'll be nice to have another,
hopefully less crowded, option for getting to Oxford.

tom

--
Axaxaxas Mlo