Old December 30th 10, 10:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

On Dec 30, 3:05*pm, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2010\12\30 14:59, Jamie Thompson wrote:

This new-found
capacity would then let you add new stations such as Brent Cross
(whilst retaining Hendon and Cricklewood), another between Cricklewood
and West Hampstead, Napsbury,

I presume you mean Mapesbury. Napsbury is near St Albans.

Indeed it is, and is exactly what I meant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napsbury_railway_station

....there have been lots of call to rebuild the station, but I suspect
that capacity is at such a premium that there's no chance. The fact
they have no plans to extend the platforms at Hendon, Cricklewood,
Kentish Town and formerly Radlett (researching this post I see the
locals won their fight to get them extended - well done!), should tell
you how disproportionate the focus is towards the regional services.