Old January 1st 11, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Eric[_3_] Eric[_3_] is offline

Default Victoria line map

On 2011-01-01, d wrote:
On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 17:47:40 -0000
"Graham Harrison" wrote:
If I sit on a longitudinal seat and look at the strip map opposite me and
Walthamstow is on the left it will be at what I will call the A end of the
train.

If I then switch seats to the opposite side of the carriage and Walthamstow
is on the left it will be at the B end of the train.

That is what would happen if the map was the same on both sides of the car.

If I look on a map , east is on the right, west on the left. I'm afraid
the direction of travel argument is just BS. You might as well say turn
a car map upside down if you're heading south!

B2003

Here is Boltar looking at the "incorrect" map:

map
Side of Train W---------B

==== Direction of Travel ==== W
Boltar
Side of Train ?---------?
map

Is the map above Boltar's head like this:

or like this:

If the former, they have printed two sets of maps and put them on the
wrong sides. If the latter, there is only one type of map, and if you
don't like it you have to sit on the other side!

My bet is on the latter.

Eric