Old February 3rd 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default "Service running well"

"Richard J." wrote in message
I noticed at Tottenham Court Road station this afternoon that the service
status board at the top of the escalators had printed stickers saying
"Service running well" instead of "Good service". I think it's a slightly
more acceptable phrase, giving the impression that the trains are running
more or less to timetable, without claiming that the timetable offers a
"good" service.

Other station boards that I saw today, and the painfully loud and
over-frequent announcements at Gloucester Road (District/Circle) about
which I complained, continued to use "Good service".

Please direct your complaints about "Good service" to: