Old January 5th 11, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Victoria line map

d wrote on 05 January 2011 16:08:37 ...
On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:54:57 +0000
"Richard wrote:
d wrote on 05 January 2011 11:17:41 ...
On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:09:48 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
d wrote on 05 January 2011 09:40:20 ...

The platform indicators don't work properly on any line AFAIK. On the
piccadilly they're only of any use for a rough guide as to when the
next train will show, the destination could be random numbers for all
the use it is.

A bit like the chances of one of your posts being a true account of
what really happens.

Don't travel on the tube much do you.

That statement rather proves my point.

I didn't notice that you had a point other than just to fire off lame putdowns.

It helps if you don't delete the context (now restored above). The
point I was making, since it seems I have to spell it out for you, is
that much of what you say here is an exaggerated view of LU's failings.
Yes, sometimes the indicators don't reflect the actual destination,
but generally in my experience (which includes the Piccadilly) the
indicators do show the correct destination. Your statement (there was no
question mark) about my use of the tube just showed that you weren't
really concerned with the truth.

The indicators on many lines are hopelessly unreliable at getting the
destination right. Certainly the northern and piccadilly systems are very poor.
Or are you going to say otherwise just to be contrary?

You may be right about the Northern. In my experience on the District,
Piccadilly, Bakerloo, and Central, the indicators generally correspond
with the on-train information, other than the Richmond branch of the
District line where the Network Rail system doesn't seem to interface
properly with the LU one. To say that "the destination could be random
numbers for all the use it is" is typical of your cavalier approach to a
balanced view of what actually happens.
--
Richard J.