Old February 3rd 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default "Service running well"

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
I noticed at Tottenham Court Road station this afternoon that the
service status board at the top of the escalators had printed
stickers saying "Service running well" instead of "Good service". I
think it's a slightly more acceptable phrase, giving the impression
that the trains are running more or less to timetable, without
claiming that the timetable offers a "good" service.

Other station boards that I saw today, and the painfully loud and
over-frequent announcements at Gloucester Road (District/Circle)
about which I complained, continued to use "Good service".

Please direct your complaints about "Good service" to:

My complaint today was partly about the excessive volume at Gloucester
Road, and was logged with the station supervisor there. I don't have a
problem with the principle of these messages. It's actually been quite
useful to me on a couple of occasions in Central London to know that there
are delays on my intended line, and to divert immediately to another route.
--
Richard J.