Old January 6th 11, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Victoria line map

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:00:39 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
It helps if you don't delete the context (now restored above). The
point I was making, since it seems I have to spell it out for you, is
that much of what you say here is an exaggerated view of LU's failings.

No it isn't, sorry. Their failings are very real. Ask anyone who was stuck
on tuesday when despite the fare rises the tube had 3 major failures.

Yes, sometimes the indicators don't reflect the actual destination,
but generally in my experience (which includes the Piccadilly) the
indicators do show the correct destination. Your statement (there was no
question mark) about my use of the tube just showed that you weren't
really concerned with the truth.

On the piccadilly my experience is the indicators are wrong about 50% of
the time going westbound. Which is essentially useless. Not that it personally
makes any difference to me since I never travel as far as acton anyway.

Piccadilly, Bakerloo, and Central, the indicators generally correspond
with the on-train information, other than the Richmond branch of the

The central line tends to be ok , the bakerloo only has one destination
going south so it would require a special kind of ****up to get that wrong.

B2003