Old January 6th 11, 05:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

wrote

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:06:19 +0000, Philip wrote:

I realise that others like to complicate matters more than we do

here in
Yorkshire, but let's be clear: It's a bloody toilet.

But that word is a euphemism. Who was it who joked about bathing his

brow with toilet water when the seat fell onto his head ?

Why not just say bog ?

/All/ of them are euphemisms, really, and in fact mostly concerned with
/wash/ like the US usage of bathroom as a euphemism that this
subsubthread stated with.

latrine, toilet, can, convenience, head, john, johnny, lavatory, loo,
privy, water closet

****house is perhaps the only term that isn't.

(also, basement, commode, donnicker, little boy's room, men's room,
rest room, washroom)

--
Mike D