Old January 6th 11, 06:10 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

On Jan 6, 8:21*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"Tim Fenton" wrote in message

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
m...

I sort of understand the principle of what you're arguing but, as I
understand it, there is a traffic imbalance between the east and west
ends of Crossrail; significantly more traffic from the east side of
London than the west. * If your suggestion helped to balance the
imbalance I might support it, but it doesn't as far as I can see.

I expect that traffic from the west end of Crossrail will build quickly
when it is seen to relieve the Central Line. But the idea that other
traffic would be allowed through I doubt: compare with the Munich or
Frankfurt-M S-Bahn tunnels.

The London and South East 2nd generation RUS draft proposes:
extending Maidenhead services to Reading (as generally expected),
incorporating HEx as well as Connect, with both at 4 tph,
incorporating WCML stoppers from Tring, possibly another 4 tph?

AIUI that will get the misbalance down to 18tph west, 24 tph east.

Paul

Reading
HEx
HC

that's 3 x 4 =12

Not sure how you get the WCML stoppers in to the tunnel but that still
only makes 16tph. * Or is the base Crossrail to Maidenhead/Reading 6tph?

There are two Crossrail that terminate at West Drayton. *The 10 tph in the
published plan was 4 tph Connect, 4 tph Maidenhead, 2 tph West Drayton.

Reaching Crossrail from the WCML slows would presumably be via Old Oak
Common, using the same underpass the SN services use, with a bit of extra
electrification and posibly new track. *Doesn't seem too difficult, though I
assume it'll all have to fit round HS2...

How far do you want to send these rapid transit trais, Bletchley?
Milton Keynes Central? Northampton? Birmingham? Are Euston to
Birmingham trains to share the WCML slow pair? What about freight?
This looks like a formula to destroy Crossrail sheduling.