Old January 6th 11, 10:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

wrote

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:06:19 +0000, Philip wrote:

I realise that others like to complicate matters more than we do here
in Yorkshire, but let's be clear: It's a bloody toilet.

Yes, i've often heard that said about Yorkshire.

But that word is a euphemism. Who was it who joked about bathing his
brow with toilet water when the seat fell onto his head ?

Why not just say bog ?

/All/ of them are euphemisms, really, and in fact mostly concerned with
/wash/ like the US usage of bathroom as a euphemism that this
subsubthread stated with.

latrine, toilet, can, convenience, head, john, johnny, lavatory, loo,
privy, water closet

****house is perhaps the only term that isn't.

And that's slang. Is there really no proper word for it that isn't a
euphemism?

tom

--
curry in a sack