Old January 6th 11, 10:56 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Martin Rich[_2_] Martin Rich[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message

In North America a "half bath" is a toilet and sink/handwashing
facilities but no bath.

A "full bath" typically includes either a tub, shower, or both.

Neither definition is entirely written in stone though so you'll find
other things described in some cases.

While I'm familiar with the American usage of 'bathroom' to cover all types
of bathrooms/loos etc, whether or not they contain a bathtub, I hadn't come
across these niceties of 'full' and 'half' baths. Though, returning to the
sleeper train theme, I did travel on a night train in Australia once which
had a shower room attached to the sleeping compartment...

Martin