Old January 6th 11, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria line map

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

In message ,
writes
In article ,

d ()
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:55:25 -0800 (PST)
MIG wrote:
But if the display was wrong, say, 10% of the time (not saying it
is), it would actually be 100% useless, wouldn't it?

Quite. If you have to check the destination indicators on the train
anyway there's little point having the platform ones except for a
countdown until the next train.

Well, old fashioned they may be, but the Earl's Court ones are pretty
reliable IME. I don't think I've seen them wrong.

Don't shoot the messenger but in my experience, the general public
find those **very** difficult to interpret.

Quite possibly. I fully accept that I am not a member of the general
public in relation to them, having known them since I was in short
trousers.

--
Colin Rosenstiel