Old January 7th 11, 06:52 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

On Jan 6, 7:40*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"1506" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 8:21 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
There are two Crossrail that terminate at West Drayton. *The 10 tph in
the
published plan was 4 tph Connect, 4 tph Maidenhead, 2 tph West Drayton..

Reaching Crossrail from the WCML slows would presumably be via Old Oak
Common, using the same underpass the SN services use, with a bit of extra
electrification and posibly new track. *Doesn't seem too difficult,
though I
assume it'll all have to fit round HS2...

How far do you want to send these rapid transit trais, Bletchley?
Milton Keynes Central? Northampton? Birmingham? *Are Euston to
Birmingham trains to share the WCML slow pair? What about freight?
This looks like a formula to destroy Crossrail sheduling.

They would be 'stoppers from TRING', as I quite clearly posted earlier, so
why exaggerate? *

Point taken. I had not retained cognizance of your earlier post.

As I also made clear in my post, it wasn't my idea - it's
in a recently published Network Rail RUS. *Stopping trains already run from
Tring, which has dedicated turnback arrangements for this. *

Although Tring Station as out of the way. It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

There's no
fundamental reason why it would be any less reliable than Crossrail's
currently planned GWML services to Maidenhead, which will also run on a
mixed traffic railway, including freight, and other services running to
Reading and beyond.

Your comments suggest you haven't really got much of a clue about how
Crossrail will work on the GW reliefs.

Does anybody? Feel free to cite a working timetable post Crossrail
and WR electrification. My guess is that the Reading service will
look very different to the one with which we are familier.