Old January 7th 11, 08:54 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Jubilee Line ATO

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:35:21 -0800 (PST)
D7666 wrote:
On Jan 6, 8:48=A0pm, G1206 wrote:

In comparison to the Central and Victoria line systems, the Jubilee
ATO drives the train at a very humble and civilised pace,

I believe that pre-ATO the 1996 stock (and Northern 1995s) were
restricted to 60-70% power - now that ATO is in operation have they
been let off their leashes? It was difficult to notice any significant
acceleration/braking difference.

You are correct.

Have they done it on the northern yet? Last time I rode on it up to finchley
I was wondering if it was going to even make it up the slope from highgate.
If the braking is up to the job then why don't they just let them run on
full power?

B2003