Old February 3rd 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alek Alek is offline

Default Save the 73 Routemaster!!!!

My own info on the Volvo B7tl appears to indicate an average of 6mpg in City
Service.
The Trident using a somewhat larger Cummins power unit may well be slightly
better as in our service the smaller engined B7`s are constantly being
thrashed especially when loaded.
I would like to get accurate figures for the Marshall spec Cummins/Allison
combination but I would be wary of any of the "Official" TfL ones as I
should imagine any figure which would show a good average might have to be
"Amended".......Conspiracy Theory.....You Bet.!