Old January 7th 11, 02:23 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
bob[_2_] bob[_2_] is offline

Default Railway stations on terrorist alert.

On Jan 7, 3:09*pm, Martin Edwards wrote:
On 07/01/2011 13:02, bob wrote:

On Jan 7, 1:59 pm, *wrote:
On Jan 6, 10:02 pm, *wrote:

On Jan 6, 9:16 pm, *wrote:

* * *Railway stations across London have been put on high alert amid
fears of a terrorist attack on transport hubs.

More at:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-uk/8244622/Tr...
orhttp://tinyurl.com/36qnwqb

--
DB.

I wonder how they think this will prevent a determined suicide bomber
from detonating themselves?

Or maybe in their security scenario bombers always carry the
explosives in rucksacks in order to be easily identified.

If a uniformed presence discourage one islamist from killing one
person is that not worth the effort?

And if they kill a Brazilian electrician?

This was a terrible case, but the fact is that honest people made a
ghastly mistake.

I don't dispute that mistakes happen, but that is exactly my concern:
another mistake might happen. The OP asked, "If a uniformed presence
discourage one islamist from killing one person is that not worth the
effort?" I would have to say no. I do not believe the risk of
another terrible mistake is worth taking for the hope that lots of
uniforms and guns at railway stations might perhaps deter a bad person
from doing a bad thing.

Robin