Old January 7th 11, 07:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Crossrail western termunus

On Jan 7, 7:52*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Jan 7, 7:17*pm, "Tim Fenton" wrote:

"Neil Williams" wrote:

Although Tring Station as out of the way. *It is close to nowhere in
particular, least of all Tring. *Aldbury (sp) might be the closest
village.

True, but it is *very* busy - it acts basically as a mid-Bucks Parkway.

The number of parking spaces gives you a clue ;-)

I genuinely wonder how many commuters those 506 spaces (as per NRE)
provide for, as it were - i.e. how many cars will have 2+ occupants/
commuters. (Ok, before anyone says it, I'm perhaps being a bit sloppy
by using the term 'commuters' there - I'm guessing that some car
parking spaces might still be available for non-commuter rail
travellers - that's leaving aside the issue of how one defines a
commuter!)

A 506 space car park is quite large, Watford Junction only has 750
spaces. There will also be the 'kiss and ride' passengers and the
route to Tring is easily cycle-able and not out of the question for
walking from much of town.