Old January 8th 11, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Soft touch

In article ,
(Tim Woodall) wrote:

Possibly it won't because the losses are spread out over many, many
people. For example, my girlfriend's unresolved journey couldn't be
"fixed" because she wasn't going to use oyster again for more than 6
weeks and "there's no other way to give a refund." It just isn't worth
battling these golliaths unless you're prepared to sacrifice hours and
hours of your time for "a point of priciple". From the "golliath's" POV
the best thing to do is just completely ignore the issue. 99.95% of
people will give up and the remaining 5 in 10000 will win in court by
default and it will cost 5GBP + 75GBP costs. i.e. for every 50000 that
is incorrectly collected they'll end up paying out 400.

I've managed to arrange a refund after more than 6 weeks. We agreed a date
range and station by email.

--
Colin Rosenstiel