Old January 8th 11, 06:46 PM
Alusuisse Alusuisse is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizter T View Post
On 17 Jan, 08:47, Hertsman wrote:

From Rail Staff Travel
http://www.atoc.org/rst/Updates_&_Reminders.asp

PRIVILEGE TICKETS ON OYSTER 'PAY AS YOU GO'

From 3 July 2006, safeguarded active and retired staff and their
dependants who hold a valid Staff Travel Card (STC) will be afforded
the option of participating at privilege rates (on London Underground
[LU], Docklands Light Railway [DLR] and National Rail services which

The existing arrangements whereby LU/DLR privilege tickets for
individual journeys can be purchased before travel at LU Booking
Offices will remain.

The information about 'Priv Oyster cards' in fact continues as such...

---quote---
[...] and the need to regularly queue at Booking Offices is
eliminated.

Those wishing to make use of privilege 'Pay as you go' Oyster will
need to register their STC at a LU Booking Office using a new form
which has been introduced. There are two forms, one subtitled
'National Rail Employees' (RSTL 5001) for active staff and their
dependants and another subtitled 'NR Retired Employees' (RSTL 5002)
for retired staff and their dependants. Click whichever form you
require.

A list of bullet points then follows.

Note that the webpage, a spectacular bit of user friendly design
(not!), actually has two chunks of text about Priv Oyster cards - the
first chunk you get to higher up the page is actually about renewal of
these Priv Oyster cards, the lower chunk provides the information
quoted above.

Being only an occasional visitor to London I always found the Priv One Day Travelcard to be a very useful ticket.

However it now seems that I will require a "Priv" rate registered Oyster after submitting a 5001 form to accquire it.

Whilst it sound quite good there appears to be one significant departure from the old paper mode and that is the fact that Bus journeys are charged at the "Normal" rate whereas the old paper "Flash" TC resulted in free Bus Travel.

Is this the case or am I missing something blindingly obvious to everybody else ?