Old January 9th 11, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Soft touch

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message , at
08:07:03 on Sat, 8 Jan 2011, remarked:
I've managed to arrange a refund after more than 6 weeks. We agreed
a date range and station by email.

That's another issue - I'm due a refund because of some kind of Oyster
hiccup (which they confessed to - I didn't notice at the time), but
haven't been anywhere near London to collect it recently. I also have
to go to the effort of calling them to get the refund "available for
collection", and frankly the whole thing is very off-putting.

Yup, and it only stays available for eight days, and only from your
nominated station. I fail to understand why these refunds can't be added
directly to the on-line Oyster balance, and the card updated when it's
next used at any on-line barrier. About the only good thing I've found
is that the Oyster helpline doesn't keep you waiting for ages, or put
you through to a Bangalore call centre where they've never seen an
Oyster card or a Tube train.