Old January 10th 11, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Soft touch

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 11:47:36AM -0000, Recliner wrote:

I had a case recently where there was a signal failure on the route
home, which severely delayed numerous trains (at least a dozen) on the
Picc and District. They eventually got the trains moving again, and I
got to my home station over an hour later than I'd have expected. I
touched out correctly, and guessing that I'd have been timed out, I went
to the ticket machine and confirmed that I had indeed been charged
2x£4.30 for the journey, rather than the £2.40 it should have been. I
suspect most other pax wouldn't have thought to do this. I went straight
to the ticket office, which had someone in it, who instantly agreed that
I was due a full refund, but said he couldn't do it immediately as the
office was officially closed by then.

And of course if you were at a National Rail station there's nothing that
could have been done anyway, because Oyster still isn't properly
implemented there, so you'd have to either use TfL's premium rate phone
line or maybe make a pointless journey (at your own expense) to a TfL
station.

And people wonder why I still don't use Oyster.

Sobol's Law of Telecom Utilities:
Telcos are malicious; cablecos are simply clueless.