Old January 10th 11, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Royal Wedding Tube Strike Threat - Well There's A Surprise Then

On Jan 10, 1:35*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 05:31:01 -0800 (PST)

Paul wrote:
I really hope Tfl tells ASLEF to go forth and multiply. *There was a
bus strike in 1937 on the day of the Coronation, so they needn't think
that a tube strike is gonig to alter the Royal Wedding plans.

Its just a warm up for the olympics.

PS. I bet Mr Crow is disappointed that ASLEF have got their tube
strike threat in first ahead of him.

If I was a cynic I'd say that Aslef and the RMT are now a tag team. Behind the
scenes they agree on what they don't like and are now taking it in turns to
call the strikes so neither one of them gets too much heat from the media..
Presumably Bob Crowe got a bit fed up being the pantomime villain on TV all
the time.

B2003

The dress rehearsal for the Olympics will presumably be the Queen's
Diamond Jubilee celebrations at the beginning of June 2012.

Mr Crow has already stuck his oar in with a proposal for a no strike
deal during the Olypmics.

If the unions in Sydney can get away with an extra AU$4.00 per hour,
how much do you think Mr Crow will try and hold London to ransom for?