Old February 4th 04, 01:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Compare

"Corky" wrote in message
om...

As an example, I used the Paris Metro and RATP RER many times and
never been left with the lasting impression that the service is in any
significant way better than the LU. Although the service is pretty
extensive, there is usually a strike of some sort (every Tuesday and
Thursday on the RER for a month while I was in Paris) and the stations
are often in a poorer state or repair/appearance than most London
stations.

When we visited Paris last year, the escalator down to the Metro was
barriered off, no porters to help us with our luggage like there are at
Marleybone! The trains, whilst offering a more frequent service, suffered
with terrible wheel-squel because of the rubber tyres!