Old January 14th 11, 09:50 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Railway stations on terrorist alert.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:15:04 -0000
"Nick P" wrote:
MIG wrote:

All of the violence and damage was either done by or provoked by
police goons.
***********

Please explain why someone took enough flammable fuel and glass bottles to
create at least one, if not two or more petrol bombs on a peaceful march.
I'd say he was provoking the police.
Nobody was forced to stand outside the Millbank Tower, shove their way thru
a line of police and then kick the windows in and stand on the top of the
building. The march was going past the building unstopped. Nobody was forced
to spray paint and smash up a police vehicle or to try and turn it over.
Nobody was forced to throw sticks and stones at the police line, but they
did.

You're arguing against the logic of the playground - "He made me do it Miss,
it weren't my fault! Waaaaaa! *sniffle*"

From what I can tell a good number of the marchers went out seeking
confrontation and they got it, thus involving many other innocent
protestors. It might have made for great headlines but perhaps the
protestors' next move should be to try peaceful tactics as advocated by
Gandhi et al.

And from the interviews I've seen on TV and heard on the radio and MIG, even
the ones who didn't cause trouble either tacitly supported it or didn't really
condemn it. Way to go on making others change their opinions about students
from people struggling with debt to a bunch of troublemaking arseholes no
better than a street gangs. I bet it really advanced the cause. Not.

B2003