Old January 14th 11, 02:46 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Railway stations on terrorist alert.

wrote in message

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:34:48 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
Exactly! I suppose it's just to prepare themselves for a jobless
future; I can't imagine many employers would rush to offer these
activists jobs, even if they did manage to get a worthwhile degree.

I get the feeling gob****es like Solomon and her flunkies simply
become students so they can muscle their way into the political side
of it and give themselves a platform they otherwise wouldn't have. I
doubt they gives a rats arse about whatever worthless sociopolitical
degree they'll scrape through with.

I wasn't thinking of her, but the actual students she's urging to ruin
their futures. She obviously is a professional politician already,
which is what most student union leaders aspire to. Normally (like Aaron
Parter now, and the likes of Jack Straw in the past) they aim to become
Labour party ministers, but she's almost off the left-hand edge of the
political scale. I hadn't even heard of Crossfire ("a network of
activists who are Marxist, anti-capitalist, anti-war, anti-cuts while
campaigning for equality and workers' rights"), which is apparently an
SWP splinter group.