Old January 14th 11, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default North dock drained for crossrail

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:51:20 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

Just read they've drained the north dock down at canary wharf for
xrail. Is this going to be a permanent situation? If it is perhaps
its time to think up a new name for the area since there won't be
many docks left!

Well, there aren't *any* wharfs, either!

True!

Its a shame though, north dock was a very nice place to sit and have a
drink
when I used to work down there many years ago.

B2003

When we had finished fitting out 30 The South Colonnade, the contractors
invited us to a meal in the floating restaurant in the North Dock.
Apparently it didn't get a lot of custom (there was nobody there then!) and
it mysteriously sank a short time afterwards. Insurance was mentioned! I
believe they raised it at the time, if not it should turn up now!

MaxB