Old July 16th 03, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
carman carman is offline

Default the quest for safety

"Richard" wrote in message
Well, it seems to be working!

snip

While I agree with much of what you say, the risk of dying due to cars is
more important to me as I can choose not to smoke, I can choose to live a
healthy life, but because of the way our towns are built, I can't choose

reduce the risk of me being killed by a speeding vehicle.

It would be a "badly driven vehicle" rather than a speeding vehicle. Speed
as a single factor doesn't kill.

The others are natural causes, or causes which we control personally.

And your 80% likelihood that the pedestrian is solely at fault is CR*P
chucked out by road lobbies trying to justify driving irresponsibly.

IIRC it was a survey by West Midlands Police that found in nearly 70% of
accidents it was the pedestrians fault. I don't consider the police "road
lobbies".

Mark
Buying or selling a Jaguar, go to www.Jaguars4sale.com