Old January 15th 11, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default North dock drained for crossrail

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 21:08:47 on Sat, 15 Jan 2011,
d remarked:

I'd never heard of a floating restaurant. Must've been before my time down
there. If City restaurants are anything to go by it probably sank under the
weight of its own hubris.

There was (emphasis on the past tense) a floating restaurant on the river in
central Brisbane. I expect there still is one in the harbour close to
Amsterdam Centraal.
http://www.seapalace.nl/en

There's a floating, moving, restaurant in Oxford:

http://itchyoxford.co.uk/review.cfm/...amund-the-Fair

Or at least was.

tom

--
.... to build a space elevator, that's got to be hundreds of thousands
of pounds ... -- Mike Froggatt