Old January 18th 11, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default DLR Extension To Stratford International

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:14:52 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
Lets not forget that the JLE was built precisely because the DLR
wasn't up to the job of shipping large amounts of people from central
london to docklands. Apart from an extra carraige since then I can't
see much has changed.

Actually, DLR train lengths have tripled since it opened. Luckily you
weren't the one measuring the demand.

Thats ********. 2 car trains were running on the DLR a long time before the
JLE opened.

At present there are no volumes - there are no services booked to stop
there!

Yet another factual mistake -- there are four high speed trains per hour
off-peak to StP, and about six per hour peak.

I was talking Eurostar trains. After all , it is called stratford
*international*.

You've obviously not noticed the new Westfield Stratford City retail
development, the largest urban shopping centre in Europe. Have you
actually visited the Stratford area in recent years?

Are you for real? You honestly think tourists are going to come from the
continent to visit some cheesy bling palace full of chavs and illegal
immigrants so they can do ... what? Stock up on stuff from Accessorise or
Boots? Or maybe taste the culinary delights of Greggs?

And largest "urban" shopping centre means nothing. Its still smaller than
Bluewater or lakeside. It just means its bigger than Westfield in shepherds
bush or Brent Cross.

And no I haven't been down there recently except to pass through on the central
line. There are less ****ty areas of london I can visit instead if I have
the urge. And before you say I should go take a look now , the pictures on
google streetview are pretty recent and it looks like the same vile hole
I remember from when I last had the misfortune to have to go there many
years ago.

B2003