Old January 25th 11, 03:14 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default London Overground

"Andy" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 8:25 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Hasn't this extra platform at Camden Road just been postponed. DfT and
TfL were fighting over who was going to pay for the bridge
refurbishment work needed on the northern side of the formation at
Camden Road.

Yes - however, as others have pointed out, it has all gone a bit quiet on
that possibility.

It's also unlikely to happen due to the layout at Highbury and
Islington, with only a single connecting track on which a voltage
changeover would also be needed.

Agree - I probably oversimplified that point when I wrote "The track layout
is not designed to allow for extending the ELL west, etc..."

Paul S